Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

work around for turrets shooting your wheels off?

Discussion in 'General' started by Diewoe, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Diewoe Apprentice Engineer

I remember this being an issue ( still is for me ) how are people getting around this issue with turrets you own blasting off your vehicles wheels? These Turrets are on my Base not the Vehicle.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Cheith Trainee Engineer

Not necessarily quite the same, but I had the issue with them just blasting off parts of my ship that could be in their arc of fire. The only way I stopped it was making sure that their fire arcs did not intersect with any part of my ship. So, I basically had the gatling turrets on the four sides of my planetary scout ship (none on top or bottom) such that they could only fire away from the ship. This was for 'dog'/'spider' defense. I gave up on wheeled vehicles as being too much of a pain.

3. Diewoe Apprentice Engineer

how is everyone getting around this issue? i am SHOCKED no one has posted anything here. I can not make a single ground vehicle with out my base blowing the stupid wheels off it. Yes i OWN EVERYTHING so thats not the issue .....

4. Me 10 Jin Apprentice Engineer

Near the bottom of the turrets' config is a "Target Neutrals" switch. I think that stops them from sniping your tires.

5. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Yep, you cannot setup the wheels themselves. So they are default "neutral"
    If your turrets are setup to target neutrals your wheels will get shot at.

6. PurrfectBlinky Trainee Engineer

Don't target neutral is also in my mind the best way to go, or making sure you have your wheels hooded (Like your bike has) if you expect a lot of neutrals in the neighborhood.

7. Diewoe Apprentice Engineer

seems if i have target neutrals turned off the turrets do not attack the Cyber hounds. How are those things Neutral? lol

8. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well, wheels need an entire rework anyways. Casting them as neutral as well as not being able to replace them when damaged is a bit silly.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.