Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Work around or modification of explosive hard limit

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Aryeonos, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

Previously I don't recall there being a hard cap explosive radius. But now you cannot even with loose explosives make an explosion bigger than about 65 meters, which is pretty much useless for my intentions. I don't know if this was a recent hard coded limitation, or a bug of the engine but it really hampers my work.

Anyway, I need to figure out some way to edit out this limit, but I haven't found what files it's controlled under; if any.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Hard cap for combinations of multiple explosions, for a long while. But due to a current bug, the radius of a single stack of explosives is "Amount * 0.01 + 0.5", which quickly is approximated as "radius = stacksize/100".

Want to set off a 1 km radius explosion and crash your game? Use a single floating stack of 100000 explosive components.

3. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

Those explosions were created using the normal small warhead, no matter what you set its value to, you can never exceed 60 meters. Which is painfully stupid. Especially when all the mechanisms to set off stacks of explosives generally don't work.

4. Arcturus Senior Engineer

From 2015:
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-073-–-sorting-items-inside-conveyor-system.7332386/

The maximum blast radius of warheads is capped at 30 m in the code, regardless of modding SBC files. Your waypoints measure the resulting 60 m diameter.

The code responsible in MyWarhead.cs looks like this:
    Code:
    float num4 = Math.Min(30f, (1f + 0.024f * (float)this.m_warheadsInsideCount) * this.m_warheadDefinition.ExplosionRadius);

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.