Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Can You Guess What's New?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ThisIsADogHello Apprentice Engineer

*clicks the thumbnail trying to make out what's in the picture*

I'm going to go ahead and guess just more "quality" updates from the same group who can't even manage to operate a forum correctly.

3. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

Dynamic status on LCD for cockpit (and maybe other) ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roxette Senior Engineer

They actually managed to post the gif to Reddit and Discord. The forum is no longer considered worthy. Here's the actual thing...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ThisIsADogHello Apprentice Engineer

That one works. They should hire you as their social media manager, or at least someone else who is capable of uploading a gif.

As for the gif itself, seems ok. The center MFD looks pretty good, though the 5 frames per second are a little offputting. The speed display that shows the same info as the HUD is a little redundant, and the Windows 3.1 clock on the other display seems more like a proof of concept than anything you'd actually need when flying a spaceship. Hopefully we'll be able to script these displays with things like relative velocities to target, radar/proximity warning displays, ship health/status, etc, etc.

6. chrisb Senior Engineer

Fair enough, that is rather cool.. ;)
    Hope it will apply for larger screens too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Hmmm a clock, AM/FM Radio and a futuristic 8 track cassette player???? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Sweet! Looks great! Hopefully this means we can soon have a simple display bar that we can configure to do stuff like show how full our ships containers are full so I know when to unload my mining and grinding ships. This would be especially good for the short screen flight seat. Then we can work in the game in a more realistic and worker-friendly environment. A nice simple fill-meter that doesn't mess with our visibility. If I crash one more grinding ship because I can't see around an LCD panel my boss is gonna send me to Europa station to mine ice all day. Have you met the people on Europa? BARBARIANS.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calaban Junior Engineer

I couldnt decide if it was the 16 bit heads down displays... or the VR adaptive head perspective shifts....

One is "ooh neat" the other is "OMG- taking my motion sickness pills now... and dusting off the HTC"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Maybe.;)
    --- Automerge ---
    Lol good guesses! And we know. We know... there's still no coffee holder.:)
    --- Automerge ---
    You'll find out soon. :tu:

11. Diemar Trainee Engineer

Ive had this even before monochrome. (with the lcd screens mod)

Ofc it gets better if we now can draw actual pixels...

12. NIXUS Trainee Engineer

Cool stuff, than it feels more and more like an pilot, as special in fight situations :)

If the cockpit has this kind of info included, maybe they can be modified?
    Would be great so that I can remove external monitors for showing ship information.