Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Respawn Ship Parameters - Planet Restrictions, Min/Max Gravity, Etc

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by vasvadum, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. vasvadum Apprentice Engineer

Alright, so the base game respawn ships file shows that you have several types of options to limit where a respawn ship is able to spawn, but it doesn't appear to have enough options. Not that I can tell at least. I also can't seem to find a way to make it so a planet -can not- be spawned at. I'm looking for options that set it so you have a min and max gravity value and that way you don't spawn on Jupiter with 24g of gravity crushing you down, or on a moon with .1g and have a vehicle that does a flip from wheel strength.

Code:
    <MinimalAirDensity>0.8</MinimalAirDensity>
    <UseForPlanetsWithAtmosphere>true</UseForPlanetsWithAtmosphere>
    <UseForPlanetsWithoutAtmosphere>true</UseForPlanetsWithoutAtmosphere>
    <UseForSpace>true</UseForSpace>
    These appear to be the four options in the base game respawn ship file. 3 of them choose the types of planets, one chooses a minimum air density.

Is there a way to choose max air density? Min gravity? Max gravity? Breathable only? Etc?

If not, can we add some options like that? All of the below are optional, if not present they aren't used.
    Code:
    <MaximumAirDensity>Int
    <MinimalGravity>Int
    <MaximumGravity>Int
    <BreathableAtmosphere>Bool (False if ship only spawns on unbreathable worlds)
    <MinimalSizeKM>Int
    <MaximumSizeKM>Int
    <MinDistanceFromPlanetKM>Int (For Space Spawns)
    <MaxDistanceFromPlanetKM>Int (For Space Spawns)
    ---------------------------------------------------------

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

3. vasvadum Apprentice Engineer

I actually disagree with about 30-40% of what that guy posted now that I read it. I'll go ahead and post on his topic about it though.

Actually, it feels like he is using some old respawn ship code because some of the stuff he's using or suggests is off.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  4. Roxette Senior Engineer

There are, of course, multiple threads on the feedback site about the new respawn system, I just picked the most popular. The point is, this forum is not the appropriate place, and yes, Keen probably know by now that the new system was pushed out with plenty of flaws... big surprise :D

5. vasvadum Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.