Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.2 Patch 3 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Hello, Engineers!
    The past week we double-downed on solving several issues related to parallel logic. Additionally, we solved the issue with the AI spawning multiple corpses upon death as well as a crash when players starved. We also updated the deluxe banner layers to use the new Steam API and should be accessible again for everyone. We slightly increased the collision shape on the round wall's right door, to make it easier for people to go through this doorway. Finally, we figured out what was causing the permission denied situation when attacking blocks, and you should be able to bash your way into your neighbour's keep once again. But be sure to knock first, it's the polite thing to do.

Enjoy the update!

ME_Thumbnails_063v2.jpg

General improvements:
    - Altered the collision shape on the round wall's right door to let players through more smoothly.
    - Barbarians are now correctly prevented from spawning in the safe area or in undeveloped areas.
    - Deluxe edition banner elements are now using the new Steam API introduced in 0.6.2 and are working correctly again.
    - Slightly improved client performance by updating sound integration for characters.
    - Attacking blocks in claimed areas will no longer give the erroneous "Permission Denied" message.
    - Shooting stone blocks with a crossbow will no longer damage them, similar to other weapons.
    - Dead players now respawn correctly.

Crash fixes:
    - Fixed various parallelization related crashes and freezes.
    - Fixed a crash when the player would starve to death.

Enjoy!
    Keen Software House team

Medieval Engineers 0.6.2.EA354F:
    - Fixed players loading in with 0 hitpoints not getting control over their character.
    - Fixed compound dummies on small round wall with arrowslits to fit machicolations.
    - Fixed a LOD on a bush.
    - Fixed a crash when dropping stones inside players.
    - Fixed a crash when mods are using the animation state component incorrectly.
    - Fixed a crash when your display mode was set incorrectly and you tried to correct it.
    - Fixed a crash where the DS would try to access the HUD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

3. Adam Spencer Trainee Engineer

Thanks guys!

Any fix for the deer corpse loot issue?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Ed is so late.
    Thanks KEEEEEEEN!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

YAAAAY
    --- Automerge ---
    Sorry ;-; had 5 phone calls the last 15 minutes :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  6. Cetric Junior Engineer

I welcome less zombies in a non-fantasy game.
    --
    Time for you infidels to tell your first striking ME experience here: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/d...able-event-within-medieval-engineers.7399020/ in case you did not notice yet.
    Your fellow zomb-... ehm... engineers are just dying to hear your personal story about you hitting on this game! Suppose there are as many "my first big moment"s as there are player types.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

8. Krougal Senior Engineer

Should that read developed areas?

9. Deepflame ME Director Staff

No, they only spawn near developed areas. This prevents new people, who have barely had a chance to settle down, from getting assaulted by barbarians looking for loot. :)

10. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Oh boy, I hope my PC won't run hot anymore and crash the game.

11. Krougal Senior Engineer

I'm confused then. Doesn't make a lot of sense having them spawn inside your castle.

FTFY:
    "This prevents barbarians from getting assaulted by new people looking for loot."

12. Deepflame ME Director Staff

They also don't spawn in claimed areas. This was always there, it was the other checks that weren't working. Hence why I said *near* developed areas, not inside. :)

Also:

Medieval Engineers 0.6.2.EA354F:
    - Fixed players loading in with 0 hitpoints not getting control over their character.
    - Fixed compound dummies on small round wall with arrowslits to fit machicolations.
    - Fixed a LOD on a bush.
    - Fixed a crash when dropping stones inside players.
    - Fixed a crash when mods are using the animation state component incorrectly.
    - Fixed a crash when your display mode was set incorrectly and you tried to correct it.
    - Fixed a crash where the DS would try to access the HUD.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shaggyy Trainee Engineer

Can anyone solve an issue for me since this update, When ll published the latest update. The next day I rented a server to branch off my friends server. When renting it, they installed the default config file. Every time I die, I dont re spawn. It says Im dead but im able to still roam. But my health is stuck at 0/100. I cant fast travel nor respawn. My food is stunned. I moved server from Dallas to Florida. I added ME config files from (http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/index.php?title=Setting_up_a_rented_server). Didn't work, we tried changing perm death from true to false. Then even trying to delete that code. I even tried creating a solo or a different custom config from dedic. I got nothing. Spent 12 hours with the server people trying everything and came to the conclusion its the build. Has anyone had this issue? I would like to play. Now my friends server is doing the same mine is doing.

14. Dan2D3D Moderator

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  15. Shaggyy Trainee Engineer

Cool... First time to this page. Never had a issue big enough too. Thanks

16. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Sounds like this issue. Hopefully you post a bug report, I have not had this problem yet, but then I don't die very often either. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shaggyy Trainee Engineer

My man... Looking for the files. I rent a server.

18. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEE

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.