Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.181.3 Minor - Beta improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Jun 22, 2017.

1. flexx SE Asst. Producer Developer

Hello, Engineers! This week’s minor update is focused on addressing multiplayer desyncs. We fixed issues related to landing gears, autolock etc. Amount of crashes was also dramatically reduced.

Fixes:
    • fixed various sound crashes
    • fixed MP desyncs while using landing gears
    • fixed landing gear functionality

• Like Like x 18
  2. Ed Frost

3. LordChicken

first?

Edit: Nooooooo

• Late Late x 2
  4. midspace

weeee!

5. 666Savior

#VSTupdateorriot :woot: but seriously, good update

6. KissSh0t

Very early update.. I'm literally about to go to bed, updates usually hit in the morning for me when I wake up *__*

7. howardxu23

nice update :D plus the quote at the end is brilliant:tu:

8. tedingus

And still no mention of a fix for the inventory bug in mp

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  9. Ed Frost

forgive me :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Outfrost

Oh, you know what time it is.

Playtesting time.

11. Nacon

Huh... that's a pretty early update.

12. JD.Horx

Didn't expect the update this early! Good job on optimizations. But at the same time, when will you guys work on essential gameplay elements?

Like AI stations to buy from, ship to ship interactions, common guys, bring life to SE!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I23I7 Tester Developer

Inventory bug in MP..... dude i have few of them reported which one do you mean?

--- Automerge ---
    That would be a new feature man. Ship to ship interactions?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Samoangtagey

I am not sure he means that, but is it somewhat possible to let small ships dock to each other?

Idea behind: Small ship miner meets small ship Hauler .... or something like deep space trading ship just to exchange some goods. I know it's possible to connect a small ship with a big ship, but small with small or big with big I guess doesn't work (because both sides would habe a small or both big connector instead of one small one big).

Use some sort of "trading" between ships would be something pretty cool actually ...

Anyways, I'm really happy to see you guys keep working on the game, keep up the good work. :tu:

• Like Like x 1
  15. 666Savior

you can connect small with small and large with large, that's never been a problem. and by ship to ship interactions i believe he means like AI interaction and trading and such. Just more gameplay elements essentially.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kham

I'm still waiting for the update where you say you've switched to decompressed mods for approximate 4x-5x faster loading speeds. The load times are what made me stop playing this. You can handle bugs which require you to reload a lot better if your load time is 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. AronKrasus

Where is the "PISTON FIX"? We need this fix really. Ships don't be stable at hovering in air or space. The ships rotating automatically without interaction of a player.

18. I23I7 Tester Developer

Hey guys we know about the projectors not working properly we are looking into it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Phoenix84

Release was so early.
    Looks like the Tapping on Cendor's screen!

20. canosque

no wheels and suspensions :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. GrindyGears

Have you bothered to make a bug report on it? Or are you expecting the devs to read your mind and know what your exact issue is?

22. Daev

Are you tired and want to go to sea? :carlton: Only three lines of corrections and a bunch of promises! Are the turrets working? NO !
    But still broke the projectors. Bravo! :tu: Pistons, wheels, turrets, and now also the projector is more important than your promises a month in advance!

• Late Late x 1
  23. Devon_v

All video cards use compression these days, they're built around it. Decompressing the textures would actually mean more data would have to be read off the drive. At the same time, there's a TON of texture data in games these days. They also changed the game to keep assets loaded a long time ago, so unless you have a RAM shortage that's probably not what's causing it. It might just be the time spent recreating the world state from the seed data. SE only saves a seed value and a list of changes which have been made to that world, loading the world requires regenerating it from the seed, then applying the changes which have occurred.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. Daev

Please read the branch with bug reports for the last half year, you will see thousands of reports about these problems! And you will not give stupid advice then...

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Forcedminer

confused. landing gears were broken? :p
    i mean i got into the habit of not locking them unless necessary because that usually caused issues on planets.

26. JD.Horx

I don't meant the update today, I really just wish we'd get an update from the team where the game is going, not the engine. All we see is fixed this, optimized that, that's really nice and all. But I am wondering where SE is going, it has been 4 long years man. Survival is empty, I can be empty and alone any time I want to, but we want exciting things, things to explore, find stuff, the unexpected stuff, interaction with AI, prefab factions, raids, space police. That's why I would play survival. Not for empty asteroids and ice lakes.

I don't want to sound harsh or anything, and I really don't expect anything to happen in the near future, but an update would be nice, where is SE going? Will it remain a physics simulation with sandbox block building or will it evolve? Don't want to be negative, but the player base is leaving, slowly but steadily. Someone should point out the direction where this is going, or else I will not find anyone to play with once the multiplayer bugs are sorted out. I was around this community for almost four years and I am really not into bitching and hating about the game, I will stay here for a while, but please: What is planned? Or maybe it is what it is? Game's feature complete?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  27. GrindyGears

I've been around for a while man, I spend a lot of time in the bug report section helping others where I can, and to help see if they are actually bugs or not

I make an effort to read most big reports, so I know how many go supposedly unacknowledged, however I also see that there are plenty of duplicates about the same issues, or people reporting old bugs that are on Keen's radar, but may be some time before they're fixed as they are non critical OR alternately may not be priority for keen during this recent optimization phase.

Also you're right, there are a thousand problems. Let's say 50 of them are piston related, which problem is he talking about? You have a 1/50 chance to guess which specific bug he's talking about, unless he can reference a specific thread or make a report, saying "it's broken! fix it now!" over and over again doesn't help anybody.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Commander Rotal

I think we're all missing the REALLY important aspect of this update.

That is a Galaxy Class on Jan's screen.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  29. captainbladej52

Glad to see some stuff getting fixed. Disappointed there's still nothing on the hydrogen drain in creative as that's a pretty huge break. Would love to get back to work building and such but that drain prevents most of what I would like to be able to do. The turret's not firing I can work around easily enough but the drain is the killer at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to do some work in game but so far looking like June has been a bust for SE for me. See you folks next update I suppose.

30. Thrak

I hear you, and agreed... although for me, playing almost exclusively in survival, it's the non-functional turrets which are the game breaker. (The jump drive disconnecting connectors/landing gear/rotor heads bug is still a pain, too, but I can limp along.)

• Agree Agree x 1