Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Update 1.190.1 - Minor Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Blitzzz333, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Space Engineers
    29/04/2019
    Minor Update 1.190.1

Features

- All players can now use any DLC blocks without owning the DLC, however, placement (place a block, spawn in a blueprint containing DLC blocks, initially weld projected DLC block) is still reserved for DLC owners only
    - Added warning messages about using DLC content without owning it
    - Changed survival spawning mechanics to not be easily exploitable
    - Spawning players are no longer tied to one particular player
    - Readded option to have respawn timers on drop pods
    - Spawn position can be custom through editing save files again
    - Added new billboard blend type called 'PostPP' in order to offer a solution for problems with post-processing affecting Text HUD API mod

Fixes

- Fixed undrillable and constantly respawning voxels
    - Fixed modded scripts not being able to be whitelisted even when meeting criteria
    - Fixed sliding door emissivity not being changed properly when using the block via Timer Blocks
    - Fixed DLC blocks missing from production screen blueprints
    - Fixed a couple of crashes when loading/exiting worlds
    - Fixed a couple of crashes including one in BP screen when trying to copy BP to clipboard when there is something already
    - Fixed a crash when reloading a scene with many engineer characters with different skins
    - Fixed a crash in production screen when displaying what components a blueprint needs
    - Fixed a crash when exiting a cryo chamber

Support Site Bugs

- Fixed an issue with subparts being too slippery for walking
    - Fixed an issue where projected DLC blocks could not be welded on dedicated servers
    - Fixed an issue with terminal block groups from a blueprint not reappearing after re-welding the blueprint
    - Fixed multiple issues with artificial mass and space ball blocks not being affected by gravity generators
    - Fixed an issue where game froze up after canceling mod downloads during loading (The last batch approved by steam API is downloaded anyway)
    - Fixed block groups temporarily disappearing after merging/unmerging
    - Fixed DLC armory, armory lockers and lockers blocks accidentally being able to be used by conveyor systems
    - Fixed showing wrong reasons for experimental mode in console/log

Thanks for reading!:)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  2. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

Yay, I've been hoping for this. Spend a good while figuring out what's happening with my cannons

3. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

I guess I should be happier that it's finally fixed and not complain about how long it took...
    Yay, it's fixed!!! :pbjt:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

If only subgrids were supported in blueprints... :(

6. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

That's great to hear. :tu::)

7. Oliepolie Trainee Engineer

Thanks so much, I can finally suck up that debri field around my base.
    [and use gravity cannons to beat back some enemy factions > : ) ]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  8. corpuscool Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much for fixing balance of player spawning in the space.
    now the yellow signals and planets are the PVP zones, and in the space you can build your ship or home.
    GOOD!

9. Balmung Senior Engineer

I don't know, is it a great fix, when after the update the game instantly crash? :?

10. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Well, I just loaded the game and after loading up almost three hundred mods I kinda expected it to crash, but it didn't.

So, Great Fix :tu:

11. Balmung Senior Engineer

Yeah, found the problem, for any reason i had to install the VC++ Redist 2017 libs manually again. After that SE works, strange. :)

12. Richard Asgard Trainee Engineer

Projector stop working correctly. I have an automated welding machine and I use the "Keep projection" option turned on to build continuously but now after the update, when the welders stop welding for a few seconds the projection disappears.

Please fix this, it was working before the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sinxar Trainee Engineer

Any word on the OST update?

14. Royale98 Trainee Engineer

Anyone else having an issue with visual block lag when grinding/building? Since this update came out anything I grind physically disappears but visually stays, and vice versa when I weld a build a block it is physically there but not visually. Everything fixes itself on a world save but I'm doing significant construction and deconstruction atm and it's particularly irksome. It may just be that my ship is in fact finally too big, may be coincidence but this only started after this update.

15. Derek Lewis Trainee Engineer

Same issue here. "Minor update" introducing regressions like this. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ondřej Nahálka QA Lead Staff

Hello,

thanks for this report.

We made a ticket for it. I hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Derek Lewis Trainee Engineer

18. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

These 3 issues definitely explain some of the weirdness that was going on the other day. Parts of the world going undrillable, items going missing from the lockers, and the terminal getting jacked up after repairing a couple things. Glad to see these have been fixed.

I'm sure this has been brought up but since you guys are/were looking at the projectors, any chance I can convince you guys to have re-welded blocks put themselves back onto hotbars they were on previously in the blueprint? Gets annoying having to reset those manually so often. Shameless plug :D. Otherwise that's about the only issue I see far as that particular bit goes for me at the moment.

19. Roxette Senior Engineer

You missed a change from your list, either because it was chosen to not document it, or because it's a new bug that was added (how unusual)

On death, body inventory bag is restricted to x1 multiplier (400L) irrespective of the inventory multiplier of the game save or server setting.

My mistake, this bug was already reported a month ago...

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceen...rage-size-multiplyer-not-character-multiplyer

Last edited: May 2, 2019