Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! We Want You!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

[​IMG]

If you’re looking for a new and exciting challenge, and you want to work with passionate people on awesome games like Space Engineers, check out the Keen Software House hiring page. :)

https://www.keenswh.com/jobs.html

2. ejames Trainee Engineer

If I were located in Prague I would be interested, but unfortunately I'm not.

3. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Just a suggestion, but you may want to outline company benefits like PTO, relocation assistance, etc.

I personally pay a lot more attention to job postings when such things are proudly displayed by an employer.

4. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

That's why they want you to click the link.

For you young folks out there that have never left the United States, this is a real opportunity. It's a chance to work and live somewhere else. TAKE IT! You will never understand the place you live until you live somewhere else.

Not to mention that KSH is definitely a rising star and you might want to be a part of that.

Particularly if you know how to make liquid water ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bronxae Apprentice Engineer

Ur listing you want people who already have successful game titles under their belt. How do new game devs get that if every company keeps asking for the same crap. If they are successful on their own then they dont need the darn job do they?

6. Sarekh Senior Engineer

We've got large companies for that that have the personnel and the organisational level to actually bring junior level employees into the company. Ubisoft for example has a metric crapton of junior openings and training positions. Don't go and ask small companies that need every ounce of experience to hire juniors if they don't know how to incorporate them successfully. This will help neither side.

7. RkyMtnDude Apprentice Engineer

Too perfect.... lmao. Throw in some dynamic wind and fire for some thrill too please!... lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Malware Master Engineer

Keen holds interns. I know at least one intern who became a full employee over time.

That said, asking for experienced people is indeed the norm. Smaller companies can often not afford the painfully expensive junior - not unless they don't need the asset right now but are only securing the future. Keen, however, is understaffed. They actually need the extra work hours now.

9. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

No worries. And for the record, we can help with relocation to the Czech Republic. :)
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks for the feedback.
    --- Automerge ---
    Cheers, Stardriver907! #WaterNotConfirmed but that would be so cool!

10. zachusaman Trainee Engineer

These requirements are necessarily a must, rather they just want the best possible people applying, like any company does. Give it a shot you have nothing to lose.

11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

FYI according to Google, the Czech Republic consumes more beer than any other nation on the planet. Plzeňský prazdroj created the first pilsner.

I can think of worse places to work.

12. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Defintely. Ever been to Stalinstadt? (well, nowadays it's called Eisenhüttenstadt but who's counting?)

13. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Bit of a late response here, but I didn't see the alert until now.

I'm not sure what you mean by "That's why they want you to click the link." I did, but I didn't see anything benefit wise mentioned, which from their layout I expected to be under the "What We Offer" section when you click a job position. I'm just trying to understand what you meant by that. For me personally, it's the difference between serious consideration, or just day dreaming.

I am actually looking both in and outside the US for a job in the gaming industry. Thankfully, my wife is on-board for moving to a new country if I find the right opportunity. That being said, we're currently a one income household while she is in college and I could no where near afford to foot a relocation bill like that, so that kind of thing is very important knowledge for me right out of the gate so I don't waste anyone's time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

It seemed as if you expected to find all the information you wanted here in this thread :)

If you know anything about Keen Software House, you know that they don't always follow "standard" practices. When they advertise for jobs here, they're not looking for someone that just wants a job. They're looking for people that want to work for Keen Software House. Being willing to move to Prague shows a level of commitment worth investigating. If you can do that and you can show them some skill, I'm fairly certain they can figure out a way to get you there. They're looking for talent and passion for their products. You don't get that by talking about pay and benefits first. If you have what they're looking for they will pay what it takes, and just take it out of Marek's cut ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.