Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.101]Gravity generator on station make twisted field

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by [FLI]Stardestroyer, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. [FLI]Stardestroyer Trainee Engineer

While playing with friends I noticed that the gravity generator on my base was making a tilted gravity field.
    This field point right in one direction but when facing the other one it seems a bit tilted like in the image below.
    My base was built on an asteroid in Space, so there isn't any Planet gravity that can interfere with the artificial gravity.

I've also tried the same station copied in a solo game and the result is the same.
    The images below were taken from the solo game.

The gravity field is perfectly flat when facing the gravity generator:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8gr4qfojghevhp/Right Gravity Field.png?dl=0

The gravity field is a little tilted when turning right or left from the gravity generator:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rwgoy5kecuougm/Wrong Gravity Field.png?dl=0

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Thrak Junior Engineer

Confirmed. Artificial grav is slightly misaligned. It is very slight but also very annoying.

3. mpqholygrail1 Trainee Engineer

Normal Gravity is out of wack too, I think its just gravity in general.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Selwyn Coy Trainee Engineer

+1 on this one. Noticed this a bunch on my station and was beginning to wonder if I had gone slightly mad.

5. coolguy8445 Trainee Engineer

+1.
    Reddit post of the same bug with more specifics: https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/7wtq1j/interesting_little_bug_here/
    And in case the forums are weird about this (new here), here's the text of the aforementioned post:
    When I'm in a gravity field (or maybe when I'm on magboots; haven't used them enough to confirm), my view is sometimes...skew... to the gravity field. This occurs both in natural gravity (yes, the grid I'm standing in is aligned to the planet) and artificial gravity. Image shows that the game does, in fact, think I'm skew on that axis, relative to the ship. Typically I'll be misaligned on one horizontal axis and not the other. Turning on the jetpack, rolling slightly, and turning it back off sometimes corrects it, but not always, and needless to say it's thoroughly annoying to walk around like I have one leg shorter than the other in-game.
    Verifying game files did not help.​

6. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

I don't think it's the gravity field - if you look at the indicator whilst standing in gravity, you'll see that's a bit skewed as well. I think the first-person camera might be tilted slightly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thrak Junior Engineer

I first noticed it in 3rd person view. Still, good catch on the grav indicator thing. I may be something to do with the way the engineer model interacts with blocks? Occasionally, my engineer will "trip" while running, and later I'll notice the "skew" @coolguy8445 describes, above.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skloomax [SVK] Trainee Engineer

I noticed that the angle at which the gravity is tilted depends on your angle as you fall down from your jetpack. Tilting myself to the right leaves me standing in a similar way. Turning beyond the allowed angles (e. g. horizontally) turns me back, but not completely upright.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. nrgbistro Trainee Engineer

I noticed this as well. I also am having an issue where after about 30 minutes on a save, my character stops correctly responding to gravity. When I turn off my jetpack, my character still goes down inside a gravity field, as expected. However, when I hit the floor, the character doesn't switch from floating to walking, and sort of just floats on top of the floor like an air hockey puck. Not going to lie it is pretty entertaining, but obviously not the expected behavior and gets annoying after a while. Idk if anyone else having this issue, but I think it is due to or at least marginally related to this bug. Also, reloading my save seems to fix it for a while. Idk if I should report this as a separate bug or not tho. Someone lmk.

10. suicideneil Apprentice Engineer

Bump.

Avengers, assemble!

@Zhiila

11. mikedabuzz Trainee Engineer

up! still not fixed.

12. MjasNick Trainee Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.